It is fun to talk and play with a two year old. Just wanted to share a few fun things from this week:
~ Jonathan took bites out of his cereal/granola bar, and after several bites said, "Look, Mommy its airplane." He started making noises that were supposed to sound like an airplane and whooshing it through the air. What a hoot! I knew children would pretend with their food, but it is amusing when it actually occurs.
~Tonight Jamie and I were running an errand with Jonathan to Target. As we were walking through the store with Jonathan in the cart, he grabbed one of each of our hands and put them together. He looked at us and said, "holding hands". How sweet!
~We attend "Story Time" at the local library on Tuesdays. Every week we do a craft which included gluing and coloring. This week we had cut-outs of a mouth, nose and eyes. We were to glue them on a white circle that was the head. All of the other children complied with putting the items where their parent suggested so as to make a nice, smiley face. One other child complied after a loud fit about wanting to do it herself.
Jonathan said, "my do it!!!" and put the items in very different places. I tried gentle suggestions about where to put the mouth, but he replied, "no, not there. Up here". He then put the mouth on top of the eyes. It's his craft (not mine), so we left with a strange looking smiley face. Everyone else's face looked normal. Guess we march to a little different drummer around here.
2 comments:
Jonathan sure does have a lot to say these days. I definitely think you should encourage that creative thinking of his! I wish my library's story time did crafts. I might have to try another library.
Cute stories!!!
Post a Comment