Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just a few things

Recent memorable events in the Guild house:

~ Jonathan now calls me any one of the following things, depending on the day: Mommy, Mom, Sarah or Honey. He also calls Jamie, James, on occasion. I suspect that the use of our first names is due to the fact that this is how we refer to one another when we talk around the house. Jamie also calls me Honey, so I'm sure that is the origin of that name. It is as if we have a playback of our words when Jonathan is around.

~ Jonathan has two plastic lawn mowers from my garage sale finds. He likes to have me to push one. There is only one problem. These toys are designed for children who are 2-3 feet tall. He tells me: "Mommy use both hands" when we are playing with the mowers. Imagine a woman, eight months pregnant, bent over at a ninety degree angle, pushing a little mower with both hands down the sidewalk. No wonder I get some looks. I try to sneak a one handed carry of the mower when he's not looking. He'll turn around and repeat, "Mommy, both hands."

~ He climbed to the top of this thing at the playground the other day that I was sure was meant only for school age children. I was there to catch him if he fell, but alas, he did not. He just arrived at the top looking very triumphant. I thought I heard that the first child is usually more cautious. If this is the case: we are in for it with the next one!

~ Lastly, he likes to go into his room, by himself, and close the door. He'll just be sitting in there, reading books or playing with his cars when I go in to check. What a big boy he is becoming!

No comments: