I used to scoff at those who heralded the virtues of garage sales. I found them to be a waste of time with little to show for the efforts. I have changed my tune now that I have a small child. Garage sales were made for those with small children. Example: plastic bubble mower, $25 retail in the stores and online. Garage sale: $1, looks almost new. Money saved: $24, can be used for a lot of good things!
Example #2: Small battery operated cars, $10 in stores. Garage sale: $.50, works great!
Thanks to Katherine - without her inspiration and examples of good deals I would have given up on garage sales all together.
On another note: Jamie and his dad fixed our shower and it hasn't leaked in a week. Two "amateurs" fixed what five trips from the pros could not accomplish. Not to say that a good pro isn't worth the money - it is just that there are so few GOOD ones out there. They also fixed the lawn mower, thus saving us an hour of driving to the mower repair shop that services our type of mower.
11 days until the little man turns two. He is ALL of two already!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment