In the impeccable timing that is so typical of small children: it appears that Jonathan has a new found fear of the dark. This has led to a myriad of other unpleasantries.
1. He started getting up early and yelling for me. He is still tired when he wakes up so this means CRANKY mornings for us. He is much more pleasant when he sleeps to the the appropriate time.
2. We have to leave the door to his room open, thus resulting in a lot of tip-toeing during his sleeping. I suppose one would say that we don't HAVE to leave his door open, but I do feel badly when he is crying in there about scary things and all it takes is the opening the door to remedy the situation.
3. He is tired for his nap by noon because he awakens so early. This creates problems with lunch, etc.
We are trying this "night-light" trick that a friend shared with us. It is a night light on a timer and he has to stay in bed until the light goes off. Let's hope he figures things with his sleeping before Baby 2 rocks his world.
2 comments:
I have never liked nite lights. But Lauren had a scared of the dark phase when she was probably Jonathan's age and we started using one. It did the trick. She stopped waking up scared.
Now she and Avery always have one. But Sullivan does not.
I actually like the girls to have one so they can see in the night if they need to use the bathroom.
Good luck!
I got these night light things from Target that the kids can take to bed with them. It really helped Alexa through her scared of the dark phase. There are better quality ones on the internet though: Mobi Tyke Light.
I have a blog entry about our night lights on August 26th if you want to see what they look like.
Good luck!
teckenburg.blogspot.com
Post a Comment