Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is it a baby or is Mommy FULL?

Baby Guild is doing well, according to the doctor and by my motherly estimations. He/she is growing as expected, kicking a tremendous amount, has a strong heartbeat... We are excited to meet the little one. The doctor informed me yesterday that I would have to begin coming every week since the arrival is only a month away. It is a good reality check since I keep thinking that we have "plenty of time" before things change.

Yesterday after dinner Jonathan and I were talking about something when he looked at me with a strange look and pointed to my stomach: "Mommy, tummy full!!" We have been talking about being full when we finish eating and apparently my stomach (with baby) looks VERY full.

Jonathan has swimming lessons with Jamie on Tuesday nights. I do not like doing swimming lessons when it is cool outside (they are inside but you still have to go out after being wet), so Jamie decided that this would be a good father/son bonding thing to do. Last week, after I greeted them at the door when they returned, the first thing Jonathan said was, "Spit it out!" I looked inquisitively at Jamie. Jonathan thought that drinking pool water would be great, so much of last week's swimming lesson was spent working on spitting out the pool water that ended up in his mouth. When asked about swimming lessons, he only talks about spitting it out. Not the kicking or splashing or fun. Spitting the water out.

Photos of Halloween to come next week. Until then we are giving the camera a rest until we get the new one in the mail.

No comments: