My mother is gracious, kind, generous, disciplined, and a whole host of other wonderful things not mentioned. But, she is also human. I have recollections of her biting her finger when she was frustrated with the mess that my sister and I had made or at our behavior when we were kids. I assume she did that to keep from expressing her frustration by yelling. Now that I have two children and my house goes from clean to cluttered in the first thirty minutes of the morning, I UNDERSTAND why she bit her finger. I want to gnaw mine off some days. Today, for instance. The disasterous mess was almost too much. Topped off by Jonathan spilling a whole bag of crackers (with TONS of crumbs) on the floor. I think deep breathing works better for me than biting my finger. We cleaned up the crumbs and the mess.
All is well. Actually all is much better than "well".
I have two very healthy and spunky children.
My husband is beyond wonderful.
TODAY IS FRIDAY (And, my parents are coming next week)!!
Caleb is smiling at us frequently. He seems to be especially drawn to his brother. Unless he's tired. Then, Jonathan is overwhelming and Caleb screams when he comes near. It may be due to the volume level that accompanies Jonathan's presence, at times.
Today Jonathan was talking about the kids who ride the school bus. I asked him if he would like to ride the school bus some day. "Yes, with Daddy." was his response. How cute! Can you see Jamie boarding the bus with our little man? I'm sure by the time he rides the bus, Jonathan's wishes will have changed but for now it is just too precious!
Sarah
1 comment:
Got your email. It's really hard to tolerate much of anything when you don't have any reserves. I guarantee your tolerance for sleep issues is much higher than mine but I think my tolerance for messes (especially food messes which are easily cleaned by the four-legged beast) might edge yours out a little. =) Love you, friend. Hope you find someone to clean your house soon. Hee hee.
Post a Comment