Friday, September 28, 2007

Aphasia

Jamie and I were watching an episode of "House, MD" on DVD last night, and the guy that they were trying to diagnose had symptoms that included a type of aphasia. He would speak words that he thought were completely understandable, but they were jibberish. No one else could understand what he was saying. I feel like Jonathan has infant aphasia - he jabbers constantly, looks at us, nods, and expectantly waits for us to respond accordingly. We have no clue what "words" he is uttering. I found a fabulous word in the dictionary: neologisms. It means created words for something new - Jonathan has created lots of neologisms for his world. So many things are new and he just makes words for them.
The most amusing part of being a first time parent is that I know millions of parents have gone through this with their kid. Somehow, it still seems like the most amazing development now that it is my child. God did a great thing in setting things up that way.
No photos today ~ have a great weekend!
Sarah

No comments: