Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Latest Art

Jonathan has become quite enamored with drawing as of late.  I think it is because he is finding he has an increasing ability to draw recognizable items.  He is also very interested in writing about them or having me help him write about them.  One piece of art, that didn't get photographed before water was spilled on it, had a monster truck drawn with the words, "our pet that is a hermit crab likes monster trucks." Anyone else's pet hermit crabs like monster trucks?

One self portrait (left), and one portrait of me... hence the "MOM" written on the top corner.  I asked about what happened to my arm.  To which he replied: "it's just kind of weird, Mom.  Next time I'll make your hand look not so big."   There is also a blueberry, papaya, and something else in my stomach.
A mutant camel... with 3 humps.  Jonathan had a little help from Caleb with the coloring.  Caleb has started to request certain things be drawn by Jonathan so he can color them.

1 comment:

Choose Joy said...

You have quite the artist on your hands!