It has been the boys and I. Every weekday since Jonathan was a baby (with the exception of a short little stint for two hours on Fridays for Jonathan when he was two). Last week was the first day of preschool for my big four year old. He was so excited. He got dressed at rapid speed that morning, and we were very early for the nine o'clock start as he couldn't wait to leave. He loved his first day, and he informed me that he made a new friend named Ben.
I have been a bit nostalgic about the past in the face of this start to a new phase in life. However, I love to see him blossoming into a confident little guy with an eagerness for new things and meeting new people. A year ago, I would have bet money that he would be the kid who never said a word in class. He still won't be the talkative one, but he will gladly share when asked and has come into his own in the last year. I love the chance to be the one he talks to about the new things he experiences outside of our home. I love that he is meeting children who come from different backgrounds than he does, who will think differently than he does. There is still nostalgia about my little man not being very little anymore, but loving is also about letting go. Onward we go... praying like crazy all the way.


No comments:
Post a Comment