October is here. October is my favorite month. September is a close second, but the leaves changing and the start of the family holidays make October the favorite.
In less than two weeks, my oldest boy will turn five. I am going to soak up all that is left of four in these next two weeks. He, of course, cannot wait to turn five.
We spent a lovely, lovely last weekend in the town where we previously lived. I had a wonderful opportunity to talk with some women at a retreat for our former church, and it was a sweet time with them. That church and the way God is moving there is greatly encouraging to me. The boys had a grand time with Daddy while I was at the retreat, and we managed to enjoy dinner out at two of my favorite restaurants and lots of walks on the wonderful trails. We finished with a trip to the zoo with Jonathan's dear buddy, Andrew. Heather and Mike are dear to us, too, but Jonathan and Andrew are two of a kind.
Of course, in all of the great fun, I didn't take a single photo. So, you'll have to imagine us, having a wonderful time with wonderful people in a place we grew to love.
No comments:
Post a Comment