Sunday, January 11, 2009

Great Baby Gear

This is a random post about baby gear. There is so much paraphernalia out there for babies and much of it is wasted junk. It just takes up space and costs money with little real value. I like things that have a long lifespan (ie: can be used from 8 lbs to 40 lbs) and will withstand wear and tear.

A few of my favorites:
BOB Jogging Stroller - the best stroller if you really want to run with your kids. The sun canopy is second to none (and we've tried out countless others) and the ride is very comfortable for the kids. It works well for walking, too.

High Chair/Booster Seat/Toddler Seat:
We purchased our seat from One Step Ahead. It easily meets the criteria of long life span. It can be used for a six month old baby as well as a person who weighs up to 150 pounds. The front bar is removable when the child is old enough and the chair cleans up with ease. It is also very "chair-like" not "high chair like" so it looks good in our dining area. We love this chair.

Ergo Baby Carrier:
This baby carrier can be used with an infant (with the infant insert) up to a 40 pound child. I do not plan to carry around my forty pound child, but the point is that I only have ONE carrier to meet my needs from now until they walk. It has a hip strap so all of the weight isn't pulling on the back or shoulders. It also is easy to use. Some of the carriers seem so complicated that I would rather carry around a baby in a heavy car seat than to put them on and use them.

Rocking Chair:
A good rocking chair is priceless. Jonathan loves rocking, Caleb loves rocking, MOMMY loves rocking. This is one of the joys of having small children.

Maybe I'll have some time to take photos of the kids this week... let's hope!
Sarah

1 comment:

katherine said...

Those are my favorites, too. I didn't know you decided to get an Ergo! Are you using it with Caleb? I'm curious how the infant insert part works as we didn't get Anna's until she was 6 months old. Do you use your pack n play enough for it to be an essential? I have some friends pregnant with their first wondering if they can get away without one. I certainly wouldn't want to try, but maybe you can. What do you think?