Thursday, September 11, 2008

"My Do It"

Jonathan is approaching two at a rapid pace, and he is showing many signs to prove it. His increasing desire to "my do it" is evidence of this fact. He wants to do everything himself. He wanted to "go potty" today... by himself. Here is how the conversation went:

Jonathan: "My go potty"
Me: "OK, I'll help you get up there" (onto the toilet)
Jonathan: "No, my do it. My do it. My do it."
Me: "OK, I'll just hold your hand." (And hope you don't fall in)
Note to all: He is not potty trained. He just really likes to try. I figure, why not? Maybe one day he'll just starting going while he's up there.

He wants to cut his own food (not allowed), fold his own laundry (allowed, but not advisable if we hope to avoid wrinkles), you get the picture. I find it quite fun. He has such a personality and is my little buddy. We have good conversations that are never boring. What a great age!

Lastly: he "blinks" when he sees the camera. Then, and when he thinks it will be "sunny". This is his "blinking" caught on camera. He just looks goofy.



~Sarah~

No comments: