Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It May Have Taken All Summer...

But Jonathan now eats peaches. This may not be momentous to anyone else, but I have lamented my child's picky eating for quite a while. Jamie and I are NOT picky. I want my child to like a variety of foods. The "experts" say that many times it takes about 15 times of a child trying a food before they will eat it. Fifteen is an strong underestimate when it somes to my stubborn child. We have been "trying" peaches since May, several times a week (I am quite stubborn, too). I stopped trying around the beginning of September because peach season has almost ended. Then, wonder of all wonders, I was eating a peach yesterday and he asked for some. He ate 1/2 of a peach yesterday and just to prove it wasn't a fluke: ate 1/2 a peach again today. Persistence pays off.

My child may never be like our friend, Andrew Nehre, who ate four spears of asparagus upon trying it for the first time. BUT, maybe with persistence, he will eat a variety of foods. I guess being a stubborn parent pays off in some ways.

About another child: Jacob Lien (my sister's kid). He is just a great baby and VERY cute. Did anyone expect anything less? We saw them over the weekend, and he rarely cried.

Jacob James Lien, 3 days old.

Carla and Nate with the little guy

Jonathan with "Baby Jake"


Our family with "Baby Jake". He was hungry at this point so that is why he looks a little less pleased. Our family will look like this in about 2 months, give or take a couple of weeks. Hard to believe!
Next post: "My do it!!" Yes, our little man is almost two and is asserting his independence.
Sarah

2 comments:

katherine said...

I can definitely see you as a family of 4 and that pic makes me think you'll be having another boy even though I really want to see what a little girl baby Guild would look like.

Trina said...

Sarah, I just discovered your blog, by way of Abby's...I'm so glad because not only can I keep up with your family - it seems your blog will be my way of keeping up with Carla's too! She has not sent any pictures yet!

www.teckenburg.blogspot.com