Monday, December 14, 2009

Playing Swords

If you had brothers, the title of this blog may be telling enough. I did not. Have brothers, that is. One sister. A truly lovely sister and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

However, I am just not prepared for the boy antics that often occur around here. Last week at preschool I had to volunteer in the classroom (yes, I did say, "had to". I do not relish this time unlike many far superior mothers.). There were some entertaining moments. One such moment: took Jonathan and another lad to the restroom. I carefully watched as the door to the classroom closed since the previous volunteer "opportunity" resulted in me letting the door close on a little boy's finger. As I followed, a couple of seconds behind, I heard Jonathan say, "look, Mommy! Our pee is hitting each other!" There were two little bottoms, at the same miniature urinal, peeing so as to hit one another's pee. After relaying this story to my husband I was informed that this was called, "playing swords." Lovely. (BTW: Jonathan was not taught this by his father. I checked. I guess it just comes as part of the male gene.)

Today we arrived home and Jonathan took off to use one bathroom, and I took off for the other. Caleb plopped in the living room near the toys as I did my business as speedily as possible. Not speedy enough. I hear Jonathan yell, "Mom, Caleb's in the bathroom with me." I fly in there to see Jonathan using the toilet and Caleb sticking his hands in the water/pee. Oh joy!

Boys may present some new learning experiences for me, but at least I don't have to figure out what to do with anyones else's hair. That is a true blessing!

5 comments:

Happilyoutnumbered said...

Love it! Boys sure are special...I'm learning as I go, sounds like you are too! Just keep laughing :)

Beckysblog said...

Boys are cut from a different cloth that is for sure.

and dont worry Sarah, I had 6 brothers and I am still ill equipped to deal with Sullivan...I'm just not as suprised by any of it!

katherine said...

I learned something new, too.

Doing someone else's hair is definitely difficult at times but worth it for the joy that is a little girl. :)

Choose Joy said...

Love them boys!

Francie said...

Hysterical! Gotta love those boys... I am already worried about poor Sydney's hair. I can't even make mine look cute, so she's already at a disadvantage! ;)