Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Man

is currently outside in the freezing cold temps (we are too far south for the current snowstorm) sanding this beast. Why? Because I read about this idea on a blog.

I happened to mention the blog to my husband... and the rest is history. We're repurposing this thing into a play kitchen for the boys.

We're behind on the kitchen project. I happened to throw out a challenge to my husband that I didn't think he would get the thing done by Christmas (I'll help with the painting... he's in charge of structural elements). That was all it took. He is now OUTSIDE in frigid weather with 40-50mph winds, sanding. It's dark (9:00pm), but I can imagine that the sawdust is like a cloud around his head.
Oh, my James, you are one of a kind.

4 comments:

abby said...

Too funny, can't wait to see it when it's finished! Way to go Guild Fam ;) xoxo

katherine said...

That's great--both the kitchen and how you got Jamie in gear. Wish all husbands were so easy to motivate. :)

Beckysblog said...

Are you doing the kitchen that Cassie B. posted about?

It looked SO cute on her post!

Cassie said...

SO?!?
did he get it finished?