We do not do things gradually around here, or calmly, or any other term that would imply that I have time to adjust to changes. Last week at this time Caleb was not moving. He would roll some, but didn't really do it with intentionality. No scooting, no army crawling.
Fast forward to today: he now crawls quite rapidly and pulls up on pieces of furniture or other less stable items. I serve in our church nursery and most of the babies in there army crawled or scooted for a few weeks before crawling. Not here. I knew the day of mobility would come for the wee one, but I thought I would get more warning. Friday he started rocking back and forth on all fours and by Saturday he was crawling and getting into lots of things. He pulls up on anything and everything and is living up to the meaning of his name: fearless.
I am happy that he is mobile although my work is now doubled. He is much happier. Last week he would sit in the living room and screech. My most educated guess is that he was ticked that Jonathan could move toys around at his leisure and that he could not. Now he just happily crawls around, grabbing everything and smiling.
1 comment:
I remember that phase. Levi would sit and just get so frustrated that he could not move. He would put his arms down at his sides and just scream! Once he started moving, he was SO happy:) Congrats to you all and have fun:)
Post a Comment