Friday, September 4, 2009

9 Months and Almost 3 Years

Caleb is 9 months old... I could talk about how fast the time has gone, but I am quite grateful to be emerging from the "baby fog". The "baby fog" can be attributed to sleep deprivation, non-stop diapering, feeding and soothing. There are parts about the newborn and early infant stage that I enjoy, but largely I find my children to be increasingly more fun as they grow.

I enjoy nursing my babes, but I really like it when the frequency of that event numbers 4 instead of 8. I enjoy that Caleb now sits with us at the dinner table, eats, laughs, feeds himself quite a bit, and is generally pleasant. Though mobility has its challenges it is very amusing to see what the little man will choose to do when given the chance to decide.

We had Caleb's 9 month appointment on the first, and he is perfectly average in height and weight. Perfectly perfect for a Caleb Thomas Guild, as a matter of fact.

Jonathan had his three year check a little early so he could have his physical for his one-day-a-week preschool ditty this year. He is a bit smaller than average, but perfectly perfect for Jonathan Samuel.

Both children had to get shots. Caleb screamed and screamed and screamed. Jonathan just looked at the nurse and said, "I don't like shots," upon completion of the injections.

Jonathan had an open house for his preschool class today, and he didn't want to leave to come home. He wanted to stay and play. This is a great sign... he used to warm up so slowly to new situations. Maybe he is emerging from that and will take on this new opportunity with great gusto.

No comments: