Jamie and I will celebrate our eighth anniversary this fall. His grandparents celebrated almost nine times as many years together on July 29th. Many factors make that possible: they married at a young age, they have both lived a long time, and they still live out "for better or worse, in sickness and in health" every day. When someone asked his grandfather whether he could believe that it had been seventy years he replied, "And I would do it all over again if I could marry the same girl. I picked her out when she was just a little girl walking with her mother."
We had the priviledge of celebrating with them last weekend in Michigan along with most of Jamie's family. The boys traveled reasonably well and they have now gotten back in the sleeping groove after all of the excitement. I hope to have photos of the weekend to post soon... we flew there so I didn't pack the big camera in light of all of the other stuff we had to bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment