There are many inventions that make mothering easier these days than it was years ago. Enter: outlet covers. (Or "plugger covers" as my son has affectionately named them) These are a royal pain to install now that the number of outlets in any given house is over a hundred and some. But, I now have a case for their value.
This morning I walked into our hallway bathroom with Jonathan following. He decided that wiping off the sink and putting away bath toys were not in his plans so he exited. No less than one minute later, I heard a bang. Of course, I investigated. He was in our room putting on my shoes and had banged something on the wall while getting them. No big deal. I return to the bathroom to finish the wipe-down. Another bang a minute later. Another investigation. Oh. My. Goodness!!
Jonathan was now standing on the toilet in our bathroom with my blow dryer in hand, running it under a stream of water?!?!?! As I walked in he looked at me and said, "Mommy put the plugger in" PLUG IT IN? Are you kidding me? The reason my wonderful boy was not in the ER for severe electrical shock is because the "pluggers" are COVERED.
Return to the point: The effort to install "plugger covers" is well worth it!
1 comment:
Wow, talk about a close call. We have sort of fancy plugger covers but they're still too easy to get out and I think we need to upgrade. Add it to the to-do list...
Post a Comment