Monday, March 9, 2009

A is for Apple

This week is "A" week for many reasons.
1. It is the first letter of the alphabet. Jonathan knows several other random letters in the alphabet but I thought maybe we ought to learn the first one.
2. This week is Johnny Appleseed's birthday (or at least some celebration of him)
3. I found an idea for apple stamps that I thought looked fun and suitably messy.
Here are our apple stamps...
Jonathan managed to remember the activity well enough to tell Daddy that "a is for apple" when he arrived home. Wonders never cease. Usually the activities of the morning have been long forgotten by dinnertime.
When I asked my sister about cutting the apples for this activity and mentioned our "a" week she said, "oh brother". It really makes our week resemble the movie, "Groundhog Day" to a far lesser degree. This is good for my patience.
Tomorrow we are going to make puff ball ants (another "a" word). Involving glue and lots of puff balls.

1 comment:

katherine said...

Anna was very excited to see Jonathan appear on my computer screen. Stamping looks like fun!

P.S. Got your message. Thanks for the coat! Sorry the sale wasn't a success for your boys.