On the evening of historic elections in our country, I am bucking the apolitical trend of this blog to say a few things pertaining to neither candidate because I am a moderate and see positives to both candidates.
No matter who wins, I will:
~ Not waste my time belittling the character of the future president of our country. He deserves our respect for being willing to serve in such a way and do a job I wouldn't do.
~ Discuss issues and not bash people. Issues deserve time to be discussed, but the INCREDIBLE amount of bashing that occurred towards PEOPLE during and after the last presidental election was disgusting. Not to mention the stuff that has already been said about the people currently running for office.
~ Encourage my child to thoughtfully ponder the issues as he grows. Hopefully he will grow up in a household where we intelligently discuss matters of concern. Putting nasty bumper stickers on cars and wearing disrespectful t-shirts just because one disagrees with the position of another serves NO ONE any good.
~ Still know that I serve a God who is bigger than all of the politics.
Sarah
1 comment:
I wholeheartedly agree with all these points. Number two though becomes difficult when people keep saying ambiguous things that have nothing to do with issues. I still don't plan to bash anybody but no one seems to be talking issues. They say things like that Obama is the face of progress and the only candidate capable of true change and of course, Yes We Can. Yes we can what? Not all change is good and I'm not sure that progress is either. Hope is great, but like faith, hope is only worth the object of it. Obama and his government are not worth putting my hope in. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. My hope is built on nothing less. I will encourage Anna to believe this no matter how she votes.
Post a Comment