Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Brushing Mary's Teeth

Jonathan was given a Little People Nativity set when he was a newborn by some dear family friends. Last year he moved the people around a bit, but wasn't into it all that much. This year is a totally different story. He talks about Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, the animals, and he loves playing with the nativity. I missed the perfect photo moment, but captured it a bit after the fact with Jamie's help. Jonathan was in his room and was very quiet (often a very bad sign) so I peeked in to see what was amiss. What I saw was too cute for words...

Jonathan was brushing Mary and Joseph's teeth with his toothbrush. I had forgotten to put his toothbrush away from the night before and he thought that Mary and Joseph's teeth were in need of brushing. He was talking to them about opening their mouths wide and such. Wonder where he has heard that before? Recapturing the moment with Jamie's help
Mary "holding" Baby Jesus.
This is one of those precious moments that I hope to never forget!



1 comment:

katherine said...

That is so sweet! Anna loves to pretend to brush her teeth but when it comes to the real thing she wants little to do with it. I love that Jonathan is old enough to understand a bit about Christmas. And now that you have a blog (and soon, a blog book) you won't easily forget such cute moments.