I never realized how funny it would be when Jonathan learned to talk. Language acquisition is a long process, and I know we are just at the beginning. The title of this blog is as a result of a "conversation" (conversation is used VERY loosely here) I recently had with my son.
We found a bug in the basement, and I killed it and flushed it down the toilet. Little did I know that this would be the highlight of the day for my son. He immediately asked, "bug?". I responded with "the bug is dead". He began walking around saying, "dead bug" for the next hour.
We went upstairs to play, and after being up there for a while he started talking about the dead bug again. I told him that the dead bug was in the basement. The next thing I know he is pointing at the stairs, saying "dead bug base". He went ON and ON and ON. Jamie came home and the first thing out of his mouth was, "dead bug base" while he pointed frantically to the basement.
Yesterday I think he might have eaten an ant. He was playing with it - letting it crawl on his hand and such. When I looked back he had a strange look on his face and pointed to his mouth and said, "bug". I take that as a disgusting indication that he ate the ant.
From our bug world to yours...
Sarah
1 comment:
It only makes sense that a science teacher's son would be experimenting all on his own. But yuck! I think it's really cute that Jonathan likes bugs so much.
Post a Comment