Thursday, January 3, 2013

Celebrating in Our Style

We pick a day near Christmas or on Christmas, depending on the year, to celebrate Christmas with just our little family of four.  Pancakes in all sorts of fun colors, gifts, the Christmas Story, playtime, dinner with "the really good meat" (as Jonathan and Caleb refer to it), church (if it's Christmas Eve), and ice cream.  This year the ice cream was the homemade variety as we had a birthday ice cream maker to try out.


 James and Jonathan put together the wooden catapult that was Jonathan's gift.

 Caleb and I built a fort with their fort kits (that I, shockingly, made.  With a little help from my dear friend, Amy)

 Christmas dinner... photos on a timer.  Always a trick for me.

We just aren't all that photogenic.  There are only four of us, but surely one of us isn't looking, is blinking or somewhat strangling another member of the family in an attempt to look "together".  I'll take the last photo... everyone is looking and somewhat smiling.

No comments: