My husband laughingly (mostly laughing) refers to something called "the line". It's when the mess in the house crosses "the line" and I can't take it anymore. Or, I'm tired and I cross the line into being too tired. There is no definitive set of circumstances that lead up to "the line" nor is it easily predictable. In my growing wisdom (ha!), I've learned to begin communicating when we are approaching "the line". Communication: We are approaching "the line" with this rental, these boxes everywhere, my children in a tiny box of a room, the limbo and transition. And, we have two more weeks of this chaos.
As I am nearing "the line" I am becoming well aware of my need for a little intervention. Enter: lesson of the day from something I read on a blog. I was reading about God's patience with us when I was impacted by how skewed my idea of patience had become. Patience with my children isn't looking the other way when they disobey or enduring their disagreements. It is lovingly and firmly pointing them back in the right direction over and over and over. And over, and over, and over. Kind of like God does for me when I cross "the line" and I need redirection over and over and over.
3 comments:
So true! Thanks for sharing...we all need a little re-direction sometime. I hope you move far away from the "line" today:)
Thanks for that! I can often feel myself nearing 'the line' but it still doesnt stop me from crossing it.
You'd think Id learn! :)
Thanks for the reminder Sarah. It is a measure of our maturing as Christians to recognize where our "the line" is and then asking for help from others and from God before we cross it. It helps me to recall what Jamie's grandma said, "Will it matter five years from now?" Put things in perspective for me many times whe I was close to "the line". This too will pass. Blessings. You are gaining wisdom you will find useful for the times when your youngun's deal with their "the line." Thanks for sharing you authentic self. Love, Aunt Mary
P.S. Sure did want to reach out and hug those trick and treaters - the biggest one included!
Post a Comment