Sunday, October 17, 2010

Almost, Sort of, Not Really

We almost offered on a house today. We sort of felt okay about it. When it came down to it, we didn't actually feel all that great about it. We felt rushed, kind of frazzled, and not all that enthused about the price for the house we would have gotten.

Alas, we will be renting. Large financial decisions have to ruminate in my gut for a while. I've probably seen too many deals made in haste go badly. We are remembering three years ago when we almost bought a financial nightmare of a house in a small town near where we live. The only thing that saved us from that disaster was a bold appraiser. All these things have made us skittish and slow to decide.

We actually feel tremendous peace about renting for the next six months and deciding slowly.


1 comment:

katherine said...

I am sure we would be doing the exact same thing if we were in your situation. I'm glad you have peace.