We headed to Denny's on Saturday night after a busy day of playing outside and planting new bushes in the backyard. Immediately upon arriving at the restaurant a power struggle began. Jonathan didn't like where he was sitting, and started whining about it very loudly. Jamie removed him from the table, took him to the lobby, and discussed appropriate ways to ask for things and not always getting his way, etc. As soon as they arrived back at the table, Jonathan began crying and whining about his seat. And, we left.
And, ate at home. This made me unhappy. This made Jamie unhappy. This made Jonathan unhappy. Caleb was quite oblivious and didn't care where we ate as long as food came his way. Parenting isn't for the faint-hearted. Or those who really want to eat out on any given night.
From the land of teaching a preschooler...
4 comments:
Denny's is the best. Maple syrup covered bacon is always a timeless favorite!
When I was about Jonathan's age, I whined for my mum to buy chocolate milk in the store. Guess what? She didn't buy it and it was a very rare occasion that I ever got it again. Guess what else? I learned my lesson. I think Jonathan might be a tad more stubborn than I was, but I don't think he'll forget what happened. He's smart and he's seen where you've drawn the line. Here's hoping you can eat out again soon with 2 perfectly behaved little boys!
Oh boy, I'm afraid we are about to enter this stage very soon ;) Thanks for the warning...and the strength to actually leave the restaurant, I'm sure our time will come!
xoxo
Ok, I love Denny's and Jordan hates it!
And good for you for not backing down!
Post a Comment