Thursday, January 7, 2010

Odds and Ends

Random events from the holidays:

~ When we were celebrating Jesus' b'day with cupcakes, Jonathan grabbed the flame of one of the candles. A very memorable lesson! Each time he has seen a candle or fire at someone's house he says, "Fire is not to touch. Fire hurts us." Yes, my son, and you had to learn by doing. It was a small candle and the boy is just fine.

~ I realized I had been quite lax about letting Jonathan put on his pajamas at any point in the day when the following conversation occurred:
Me: "Jonathan, it's time to take off your pajamas and get dressed."
J: "Where are we going, Mom?"
Me: "Nowhere, it's just time to get dressed."
J: "But, we're not going anywhere, Mom."

~ Caleb is a one-little-man wrecking machine. Wrecking my house, that is. I've relaxed a LOT on the orderliness of my house since having the wee ones. The question remains: why do they pick up, move and drop items all over the house, all day long, without really playing with most of them??




No comments: