Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Backwards and Downstairs

Jonathan likes to wear his underwear backwards. You would think it would be a little uncomfortable, but when asked he replied: "I like to see the Lightening and Mater pictures on the front." Here's to all of the wedgies the boy will have until he gets over this phase!

I don't want to write this lest you think my husband a poor father, but I trust that the rest of the stories on the blog will indicate otherwise. Jamie was supervising the boys upstairs while I was working on our small group study in the basement when I heard a horrible, horrible noise. The noise of my one year old tumbling down all of the basement stairs and the subsequent screaming. Thankfully there was screaming to indicate that he was likely OK. Being the dramatic one he screamed for a long time. He is just fine and we are ever so glad for the carpet on our stairs and the open area at the bottom. I'm just guessing that Jamie will be much more diligent about making sure the gate is closed from now on. I know that I am now obsessed with checking to make sure it is securely closed.


5 comments:

Cassie said...

oh yes...i know that sound.
lani fell down the full flight of basement stairs when she was 9 months old. so scary...but she lived to tell about it! :)

katherine said...

A child falling down the stairs at this house is my greatest fear. We've never had a full set of stairs in the house before. I think Jamie is a great dad, despite Caleb's tumble, by the way. :)

abby said...

Grant has tumbled down our stairs more than once...yes, we learn the hard way too sometimes! Miss you guys! xo

Barb said...

I remember Andy tumbling down our stairs about 30 years ago. He was old enough to navigate the stairs on his own but got tangled in his "blanky". When he regained his composure, he said "That felt like being in a cement mixer!"
Barb P.

Trina said...

Garrick let Aaron fall off the ottoman at 2 months old, and Alexa fell down the flight of stairs because he became distracted by a "good play" on the tv and didn't lock the gate.

Aaron also fell the entire flight of steps, but no blame to pass there. Just thought he had mastered that one.

They've all survived :)