This results in some wowser dowser battles around here. There are battles I'll fight: Jonathan needs to learn kindness towards Caleb, Jonathan needs to learn to obey when asked to do things, and he needs to learn to ask for things kindly and not whine.
There are battles I'll not fight: the Halloween costume. He refused to wear it today for preschool. It's just a fireman jacket and a hat. That's it. Nothing uncomfortable or scratchy. Every other kid in preschool was wearing their costume, and still Jonathan told Mrs. Burns: "I don't want to wear that. I'll just wear my clothes by themselves." They went on a little Halloween march, and my little guy just marched along, costume-less, to the beat of his drum.
March on, Jonathan. The Halloween costume choice is one that is all yours.
4 comments:
Love that drummer boy ;) I'm sure he had just as much fun on the Halloween parade as everyone else! xo~Ab
You are such a good mom and perfectly matched for Jonathan.
Good mommy!
"Wowser dowser"...I love Carol...and the fact that you and Carla both picked-up on some of her "Carol-isms" :)
Post a Comment