Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Heart Garage Sales

I have written a previous post about the wonderful virtues of garage sales when having small children, but I think I am starting to get a little bit out of hand. Our garage looks like a large MULTI-family garage sale. We have three "tricycles", a big boy bike, a cozy coupe, two little wheel barrows, four plastic/Tonka truck things, tons of balls, THREE little lawn mowers, several push toys, a basketball hoop, four strollers, a bike trailer, and that doesn't include any of Jamie's stuff or our outdoor gear. Those are just the toys for the boys.

Added to the brood of toys today: a wagon and a rocking chair.

I would feel more guilty about this except for the fact that I have gotten all items very, very cheaply at garage sales except the BOB stroller, bike trailer, and Jonathan's tricycle. But, this begs the question: when is it time to say, "enough"? Even if it is the deal of the year?

I think the time has come. But, I cannot stop. So, I'll just buy the great deals and give them to unsuspecting loved ones so that their children have garages that look like ours :+)

1 comment:

katherine said...

We reached the point of enough is enough, 50 cents at a time. I gave some of it away and I sold one thing on Craigslist that I'd bought for $3 and made $22 that way, more than paying for everything else that is cluttering up my garage. But maybe it's not clutter if Anna plays with every single thing in there.