Do not attempt to take two very young children to the grocery store in the rain and decide to not use a cart and "just grab a couple of things". If anyone reading this remembers me in high school: barely making it on time, doing all of my homework in the 20 minutes of "homeroom" before school, papers everywhere, no organization... the picture of me lugging both children and a rotisserie chicken through the store with my bag dragging on the ground may seem familiar. Maybe I'm deluded, but I felt as though I had emerged from that kind of chaotic life management system after I went to college. I'm back there, again.
I also am quite certain that I left a pee-laden pull-up on the doctors' office bathroom floor last week. Jonathan had to be awakened from his nap to go to Caleb's appointment so I didn't have time to change him out of his pull-up into his underwear. I decided that I didn't need to bring in the infant carrier into the office for Caleb because he hates it, anyway. Bad move. Try getting a two year old on the adult sized toilet while holding a very wiggly 4 month old. Now, you can understand why I may have left the pull-up on the floor. I was just trying to keep my children from falling in the toilet or being covered in pee. I didn't think about the pull-up until bedtime when I got Jonathan ready for bed and put on another one for the night. Sorry to whomever may have found that.
I definitely do not "have it together". My friend, Abby, would NEVER have these things happen to her. She would have all of the appropriate gear for every situation. Guess I'll just fumble along and pray that my children can learn Abby's organization from afar.
3 comments:
Well, I'm just impressed that you went to the grocery store and doctor's office by yourself with two kids. That's having it together enough in my books. =)
Yes, I do remember you in high school...and this post made me laugh out loud! Sometimes it doesn't matter how "together" you have it...you still leave pull ups on the floor of the doctor's office. These things are fun to look back at and laugh :)
It happens to EVERY mom. Even the ones who seem to have it all together.
Its just hard for them to deal with because it happens less frequently.
Its easier on us who do this daily! :)
Post a Comment