Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nostalgia

I have not been especially sad when my children have left one stage and moved on to the next. It seems like the next one is always so much fun that it is hard to imagine missing the previous one. Tonight I feel nostalgic about Jonathan. He is becoming so independent and grown up. He loves to ride his "red bike" and can use the pedals (video coming soon), he wakes up early in the morning because he has to use the bathroom and has a dry pull up (I think this is just amazing... I figured we'd be using pull-ups at night for a couple of years), and he likes to pick out his clothes.

I was watching the video of him reading "Gossie and Friends" from about eight months ago and thinking about how much I will miss those innocent, precious moments. I'll miss being the person who spends the most time with him. I'll miss being the favored playmate. I know there will be delight in the new things that will come when the other things have passed away, but tonight I feel sentimental.

Tomorrow I'll post some videos of the weekend...

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You just voiced everything I have been feeling about Allison. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I absolutely love it, and yet am sad about her growing up all at the same time! Enjoy your posts.

abby said...

I agree...but ohhhhh, they are so fun as they are growing up! ;) xo