Today is the first day that Jonathan and Caleb are here all day by ourselves. I liken it to starting a new job. There are challenges that you expect and those that you don't expect. Sometimes the anticipation of the newness creates more worry than when the situation is actually upon you. The past two weeks have been like the training phase of the new job (because we had family here to help). I had to perform many of my duties, but not all of them. Now I'm on my own during the day. So far, so good. Jonathan is napping, Caleb is hanging out and I managed to clean up the kitchen from lunch.
As Jamie said - this job of parenting two children has been done by generations of parents. We will certainly be just fine!
2 comments:
Give it a couple of weeks and you wont even remember it the old way! :)
And you found time to call me, too! Amazing! I haven't called you back yet--Anna has been on a nap strike. Again. Maybe I'll have figured out how to parent one child successfully by the time I have two...
Post a Comment