Sunday, June 8, 2008

For Such a Time as This

Jamie changed his tune on the "baby pool". He previously stated that he didn't want a little kiddie pool because it would kill the grass. Today it was over ninety and he changed his mind. There are still some weeds in the backyard so what better way to kill them than to place a large plastic pool on top of them? So, we got an inflatable pool. Oh the wonder! Oh the delight! Jonathan just loved it. And, the water wasn't all that warm - he kept playing with the water trickling out of the hose. Then, Jamie got in with him and the two of them had a whee of a time.

This video is one of was my favorites as of late. Our camera battery was dead all weekend, but thankfully I charged it this afternoon and captured this precious moment on video.

Today was the first meeting of a new church in the town where we live that we are going to be a part of. God has reiterated the lesson of patience as we looked for a church these past 8 months. This church seems to fit us, and I am excited about this in a way that I haven't looked forward to anything here since we've moved. We've done tons of delightful things as a family, but it is very clear that God designed us for community and we've missed that greatly here. Maybe we are here for such a time as this to help start this new church?

Enough of the philosophy for this blog...

Hope you had a good weekend!
Sarah

1 comment:

katherine said...

So I guess you broke down on you $5 maximum?

For the record, I don't mind when you get philosophical.