Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh the mess!

I have instituted a new rule in the Guild household - all toys will be picked up before bedtime. Jamie and I have been cleaning them up after he goes to bed up to this point. I realize he is a little young to understand the concept of cleaning, but I prefer to start earlier rather than later. This mess is what preceeded the new rule: AAHHH! My goal is that he will learn that messes he makes are messes that he cleans. I realize this is a lofty goal for a 14 month old, but by the time he's two he should start to get it.
Hope messes like this are NOT anywhere near your house.
~Sarah~

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh Lordy...I'm actually upstairs checking emails so that I can take a break from the hurricane that is downstairs. We had people over last night and the house was spotless. I watched Joy this morning, and between the two of them and my lack of motivation, the house is a disaster!! I second the AAGH!!

katherine said...

Call me crazy, but the first thing I noticed was how clean your carpet underneath all the toys looks! Yes, it is about 2 years past the time we should have replaced the carpet in the Kruger household. But we'd rather spend our money on a trip to the other side of the world. And home again. I'll give you a call sometime when I find my phone. Miss you!