We had a wonderful summer. We played, swam, vacationed, played games, painted... you name it. School started about a week and a half after we returned from vacation. Jonathan is now in first grade and this means school for more than last year's three hours. We loved our schedule last year and we met so many neighboring families from his class that I wasn't nearly as excited about the start to this year. However, it has proven to be great for the biggest little man. His teacher is amazing. Caleb and I have volunteered in art and had lunch with Jonathan several times. Although all transitions have their tricky parts, we are getting in a groove and first grade looks to be great!
It was pouring when we headed out for the first day of first grade, so the customary photos are not in their usual outdoor location.
I posted all of the photos, because I think it funny to watch the slow progression of Caleb's expression to finally conclude with a smile.
The hardest adjustment has been for Big C. Big C is ready to be big. He misses Jonathan and he wants to do a little of his own thing. Good thing, as his one year of preschool starts tomorrow and I think he's going to take that place by storm. There will be no tears. I think I'll be lucky to get a hug as he is so excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment