Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Two Wheels

I realized as I was getting ready to post these photos of the new bikes, that I never wrote about Caleb on a two wheel bike.  Caleb has a balance bike and he loved that thing and was a crazy man on it.  Here's the thing about the balance bike: no brakes.  No pedals, either, but the lack of brakes was a bit concerning.  One day while I was gone, Jamie took off the training wheels of his regular bike and I came home to crazy boy pedaling down the street (and stopping with the brakes!).  He loves it!  We have always had bikes from garage sales or hand me downs.  The tires have been a bit worn and there were a few quirks but overall, everything worked well.  However, after countless repairs this summer, we decided that bikes would be great early birthday gifts.  We've been having birthday fun with these gems for weeks :+) 




No comments: