It is clearly fall, however, I just downloaded several photos from the summer. They were too fun to not post... We made cars to race. With wood, dowels, washers, pipe cleaners and a GLUE GUN. I still remember when my dear Aunt Kathy bought me my first glue gun. It is a magnificent gadget and my boys absolutely agreed. I am not crafty but I do like to play and a glue gun is a great tool for playing.
The cars weren't extremely fast, but they did maneuver down the driveway and it was great fun to fiddle and try to make them faster.
The next project was prompted by the book, Food for Thought. We made creations out of food. My only guideline was that we had to eat the food when we were done playing with it.
Watermelon ship
Zucchini cars with a mushroom man and a cucumber man driving
My dad always laughed that I played a lot. Even when most children are done "playing". I still play (as a mid-thirties gal), now it just seems a bit more legitimate because I have these two gems with whom to play. I hear people lamenting that they wish they could just enjoy the moment a bit more with their kiddos and not worry about getting things done. I seem to have the opposite problem. It would be good if sometimes I stopped smelling the roses so much and really focused on the laundry or the dusting. However, playing with food and glue guns will probably always be more of a draw for me than Pledge or Tide.



No comments:
Post a Comment