Friday, August 10, 2012

New Times

Caleb and Jonathan now share a room.  Jonathan sleeps on the top bunk and Caleb sleeps on the bottom.  And, it is going delightfully well.  They love it, and everyone is sleeping really well.

 J-man starts kindergarten next week.  Next week.  Wow.  Lots more thoughts on that whole ditty but for now, we'll just talk about "meet the teacher" night.  We had an ice cream social at school with a chance to meet Jonathan's teacher.  Jonathan wore this.  He "made" this tie-dye hat with large amounts of tape and a tie-dye t-shirt given to him by his cousin, Drew.  He thinks it looks great.  I asked a couple of questions about his wardrobe attire without making a big deal just to confirm that this was, in fact, what he wanted to wear.  He responded with "I looked in the mirror, Mom, and I look great.  So I'm ready to roll."  We got a fair number of looks but I see it as a very good sign that his teacher didn't even flinch at the interesting attire.

1 comment:

Heather Nehre said...

Oh, Sarah, you are such a good mom! I applaud you for letting your boy just be himself. Sometimes, it's hard though, isn't it??