Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rain boots

There are several things that I would have once thought frivolous that now seem necessary with boys:
 - Rain boots: they do not absorb mud or sand and can be easily hosed off.  Necessary for my sanity and the life of their shoes.
 - Stools: for reaching things, washing hands, using the bathroom, and all sorts of other very strange ideas.
 - Handheld vacuum that actually works: for the aforementioned sand and dirt... all over the house.
 - Rain boots for me: because I cannot escape the fact that fun is to be had in the mud, and these boys sometimes need redirecting while in the mud. (ie: please do not eat the mud (Caleb), we do not drop big blobs of mud on other children's heads (both boys), and so on)

Anyone with regularly very clean children want to come over and play?  We'll surely corrupt that cleanliness.

3 comments:

katherine said...

We do! Anna could use a little more mud in her life. (Also, Zach has rain but they are so tall on my short little guy that he can barely walk in them.)

abby said...

We are boot people....probably b/c it rains ALL the time here and we LOVE to play in the rain & our swamp of a backyard all year round!! Yes, I have my own pair too ;) xoxo

Beckysblog said...

Could not live without my hand held vac!

And I really wish I had nice/cute rainboots!