Sunday, May 15, 2011

2 for 2

I am 2 for 2 in the motherhood department.  For stitches.  Caleb was the lucky winner this time as he took a  little tumble on a friends' train table.  Little tumble turned into big owie as he knocked his face on a corner of the table and ended up with 5 stitches along his right jawline/cheek on Friday night.

However, I was a little wiser this time and we took Caleb to the Children's Hospital.  The difference in experience was at least a 20 fold improvement.  No jabbing needles, no drape over the face, none of a lot of other bad things.  Just a "numbing bandage" and a "child life specialist" who brings toys to distract.  Note to self: Waiting for the Children's Hospital service is worth it.  Makes me feel kind of bad that J-man had to suffer the other experience.  Thankfully, he seems no worse for the wear and was quite anxious to see Caleb's battle wound.  He was quick to point out that Caleb had to get 5 stitches but he only had to have 3.


As you can clearly see, Caleb recovered quickly from the trauma.  I still do not like that curved needle.  Hoping not to see it again for a good, long while.

3 comments:

abby said...

Ouch is right! Missing you all & hope the new house is already feeling like home! xoxo

Trina said...

I love reading your blog. Smile every time I see a "Carol-ism"..."No worse for the wear" :)

Beckysblog said...

I agree with that curved needle! Seriously!

He actually looks proud of his injury! :)