Thursday, August 26, 2010

To List or Not to List

So many blogs I read are of mothers who love lists and organization... In so many ways I wish to be a part of that group. I like the fun pens and paper that can be used to make a list, and I like the results of organization. However, it gives me no thrill at all to organize boxes or closets or accomplish things on a "list".

Enter: moving. Imagine the collision between someone of my demeanor and the organization and lists involved in moving a family of four (twice in two months...). We will likely have a contract on our house tonight but they want us out two months before Jamie really starts in our new place. So, we'll pack everything, load it, move it... live for 6 weeks and move it again. There are lots of details and lists involved with that sort of thing.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I hear ya! Those lists feel like bondage, don't they? The only place I like a list is in the grocery store because I can't remember everything without one. Happy packing. :-)

katherine said...

I like lists just fine (although I think I like the idea of them more than actually creating them and then following them) BUT moving twice in two months doesn't sound like fun at all regardless.

On a more positive note, CONGRATULATIONS on selling your home so quickly. I will be praying that all the details (that you so love) will be worked out and that it closes on time with no issues.

Choose Joy said...

Sounds like an adventure! Good luck.