Monday, July 19, 2010

Isn't that Nice?

"Isn't it nice of that person to let us cross the street before they go?"
"Isn't it nice of God to make our house?"
"Isn't it nice of Caleb to share that with me?"
"Isn't it nice that my friends came to play?"

Maybe, just maybe, my child is starting to recognize and appreciate kindness around him. Maybe, just maybe, the universe of one is shifting a bit for my three year old fireball. And maybe, in recognizing kindness around him, he'll be inclined to exhibit kindness.

Sometimes when he says these things it reminds me that a little gratitude in my attitude and some kindness could go a long way. Leave to the three year old to teach Mommy things AGAIN. Maybe, just maybe, God will be working on me while I teach my children.

2 comments:

Barb said...

No maybe about it, Sister. God has spoken to me more through my kids than I would ever have imagined. He still is. What a blessing. Love looking at pictures of your sweet boys - I check in every once in a while through Sara's blog.

Barb Patterson

katherine said...

I love your perspective. Anna is also starting to recognize kindness, sometimes even in herself. "I'm being kind to my brother." Sweet, sweet words.