Future Employment:
Jonathan: I don't want to do to school, Mommy. I'm going to be a construction worker and drive a digger instead.
Mommy: That's a great idea. But school is still important, and you can be a construction worker after you finish school.
Jonathan: But I don't want to go to the big school. I'll just stay with you or go to a little school.
Caleb's take:
Backs up like a truck until he plops down in my lap (or any other unsuspecting occupants of the floor), book in hand.
"Tummm Bummm" Tumble Bumble
Mommy: Should we read Tumble Bumble?
Caleb nods. Up and moving after half of the book.
Jonathan loved storytime with Miss Ike at the local library. Miss Ike is amazing. She dresses up for the theme, has great stories, rhymes, and crafts. She even taught them the word "oviporous". Storytime has ended for the year, but Jonathan still talks about Miss Ike a lot. He even sang a song for her. He told me he was going to do it, but I was understandably skeptical. The child barely speaks in large groups, and JUST started talking to people at preschool in recent weeks.
As I sat near the back I heard the group of children get quiet and then I heard his little voice singing, "spring is coming, spring is coming...". He sang the whole song for her and the rest of the group. That action alone indicates how much he likes storytime.
Grammie and Grampie just came for a visit, so pictures will be posted soon :+)
No comments:
Post a Comment