Life is full of seasons. When children go through seasons, we call them phases. Maybe that is because we desperately hope that the "phase" will be shorter than what we perceive a season to be.
Current phase in our house (for Jonathan): throwing. Not innocent, boys will be boys, throwing. Willfully defiant throwing. Throwing to see if I'll follow throw on a consequence. Ha! It took a little mental preparation for me to begin this battle yesterday, but I am still going strong and will not be defeated. Throw balls all you want, but do not throw toys at people in this house.
It seems as though the throwing is just his chosen vice for testing the waters around here. I am reminded of last summer's long, long process of teaching him not to enter the street. He is tired from a very hectic weekend with little sleep and this adds to his mood and his defiance (more on the weekend after I get some photos).
Patience and perseverance... God is teaching me these lovely lessons, ONCE again, through my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment