Several people that I know comment often about the differences in personality between their first and second born children. It often seems as though the second born is of the laid-back, easy-going variety. Caleb is NOT of that variety. He is loud, in constant motion, and highly sensitive to his surroundings... not easy-going. Jonathan was just like this (minus some of the loud... he was not THIS loud.).
Suffice it to say, I haven't noticed the stark differences between my children like other parents. Until today. We started a Music Together class today. Jonathan has always been a quiet observer in new situations (except the pool - yikes!). He says almost nothing and just watches intently (only to talk incessantly about it at home). Caleb is just getting to the age where his reactions to new, stimulating situations is observable. He is nothing like Jonathan in this regard. He squealed with delight at the music and the clapping. He grabbed for the instruments and shook them with vigor. No sitting back and observing for this kid.
I knew that they would be different, but I am just beginning to see some of the little quirks of Caleb that are unlike Jonathan and it is fun. Each their own little God-given grooves. It will be fun, fun, fun to watch this unfold.
1 comment:
Caleb sounds like Avery...She rocked our world with her stark difference to her quiet, laid back, obedient, patient sister.
But oh so so fun!
Post a Comment