Sometimes I question the wisdom of some of my decisions. Enter: driving seven hours in the car, with both of my children, by myself. Add to that the fact that when I arrive in Iowa my parents will not be there so I will be unloading a week's worth of stuff into my parent's NOT childproofed house by myself. I'm praying that the massive load of rain we've been getting will be over by the time I make the trek home.
It's all for a good cause: in the name of friendship and family. My dear friend, Abby, will be in Iowa this coming week so I want to see her. Jamie doesn't have the vacation time to be up there for very long (and he's in meetings through Sunday that he can't miss) so I'm going by myself. I try to see several friends when I'm in that neck of the woods, we're seeing Jamie's family, and I want to relax with my family so it's worth the potentially unpleasant traveling situation. The next time I post: I'll be there, enjoying the small town life for a week.
5 comments:
Um, we're next door...call us, or knock, or yell, we'll come help unload and watch the boys!
We LOVE you!!! I promise it will be worth your drive!! xoxo
You are very brave! I'm sure your boys will be great though. Good luck! If you need to borrow a portable DVD player just let me know...
have fun!!!
hope your trip back here was safe and wonderful :)
Post a Comment