Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"I go with you, Mommy" and other randomness

I wanted to go to the grocery store one night last week (alone). Jonathan took my hand and looked at me with his big eyes, "I go with you to the store, Mommy." Who could say no to that? Tonight I needed to make a trip to Target. Again, "I go with you to Target, Mommy." He used to detest having to go places. We've turned over a new leaf (at least for the moment).

One of the friends I have met here had a genius idea. One that I LOVE and am using with Jonathan. Nightlight on a timer. Jonathan started getting up earlier and earlier. We were rapidly inching towards 6am. Not good. We put this nightlight on a timer in his room. It goes on at 745pm right before bedtime and stays on until 645am. When he started asking to get out before then we told him he had to wait until the light went off. Now he waits until the light goes off and loudly calls to us, "The light is off. I want out!" But, no more begging to get out and "play toys" at 6am. Hallelujah! And, if he sleeps later there is nothing that wakes him up so it is perfect.

Wish that Jamie's work was on a nightlight sort of schedule. No dice. He has had several 5am departure times this month. Yesterday was almost a nineteen hour day. That is no fun. However, we are most thankful for a job. A job that pays for food and a house and occasional meals out.

Videos of "bible tories" coming soon...
Sarah

2 comments:

Beckysblog said...

How's Caleb sleeping?

Guild Fam said...

Goes to bed around 730pm and gets up once to eat and gets up for good around 715-730. I have no complaints. His napping is not quite so predictable but I'm less obsessed about it than I was with Jonathan.