Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Barber Shop

I never took photos of Jonathan's first haircut, but this is about his eighth cut. We take him to Tom at the Barber Shop near our house (they have a pole outside and it is a REAL barber shop). Tom has been cutting hair for 30 years, and Jonathan just sits in the chair, mesmorized. He doesn't move or smile or anything... I think he find it calming to have Tom cutting his hair.

I sit in a chair away from them - and Jonathan does fine. If I get too close it only causes problems. WE LOVE THE BARBER SHOP! I will not cut my son's hair as long as we live here with Tom and his daughter, Carrie, available for business.

Sarah

2 comments:

katherine said...

I love these photos! Jonathan definitely has a serious side. I bet Tom has never had a toddler sit so still for a haircut. I love it.

By the way, I think Anna may be a teenager by the time she is getting her 8th haircut.

Valerie said...

I am so amazed the Jonathon sits so still. You saw my post about Allie...most definitely not a great experience!! He looks like he's growing up! Such a big boy!